My website is very slow. I am getting very slow response from my web/VPS/server. What is the problem?
1. Exact steps to reproduce the slow response including any login details or URLs to visit/browse.
2. Your IP address by visiting this page: www.myipaddress.com
3. Traceroute from your computer to the server. To do a traceroute on your windows computer, please follow this:
Click on Start : Programs : Accessories : Command Prompt
Once there, enter this command:
where XX can be your domain hosted on the server or the server machine name (e.g. yodha.nocdirect.com). Try using the hosted IP as well.
Copy/paste the results in the support ticket.
4. Test again by placing a large file in your account and downloading it via http. For example, upload a php source tar.gz from this page http://www.php.net/downloads.php to somewhere in your account via FTP and then download it via your browser and provide the download speed in the support ticket.
Note: If you have a Linux machine available, please try
Copy/paste the result in the support ticket.
- 1 utilizatori au considerat informaţia utilă
There are various of factors that can contribute to occasional slow download speeds or time-outs....
The first thing to do is, of course, to search through this help system! We try very very hard to...
When you first get set up and your domain becomes active, your URL will most likely bring you to...
There are several reasons your images may not be showing up on your web page. 1. You haven't...
Many operating systems have special characters, called 'meta-characters', which carry special...